Thursday, August 25, 2011

Decor Details... and Supporting Local...

   Matt and I (mostly I) have been working out the details of our wedding reception. I have decided to use vintage quilt blocks and mason jars with sunflowers (hopefully) as the center pieces for the tables. I am using Dripping Springs Garden for my flowers... they say there should be sunflowers for my party but couldn't guarantee it... which is fine, because if there aren't sunflowers there will be another beautiful flower we can use.
I learned of Dripping Springs when I lived in Fayetteville. I was always impressed by their beautiful flowers and produce when I shopped the Farmer's Market.

The quilt block I used for the cover of our guest book.
All that brings me to the subject of this post and that is keeping it local. 
Matt and I are trying our hardest to source all of our needs for our party from small, independent local businesses and/or artists. This is what we have come up with so far:

Wine for the Reception: Raimondo Family Winery, Gamaliel, AR
Main Beer for the Reception: Diamond Bear Brewery, Little Rock, AR
Food and Reception Location: DeVito's Restaurant, Harrison, AR
Lodging and After Party: The Hotel Seville, Harrison, AR

Of course the decor is vintage and mostly found at the flea market. Matt's mother is an avid canner  and she is supplying us with the Mason jars for the flowers. I am also happy to say that we will be using real dishes at the reception so that will eliminate plastic silver ware, cups and paper plates. That is all I can think of for now, if you are interested in the steps we are taking to support the small people check this post again, I will probably have updates as the planning continues.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone on the 10th!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment